General detained, court-martialled
Military denies messy contract deal
I have not been briefed –Buhari’s spokesman
There was controversy on Wednesday over a contract deal totalling $1.4m awarded by the Ministry of Defence for a United Nations project.
While an online report alleged that the Minister of Defence, Brig. Gen. Munir Dan-Ali, and three senior officials of the ministry were involved in a messy scandal, the Defence ministry spokesman, Col. Tukur Gusau, said the contract in question followed due process.
He also said the project had been completed and ready for inspection by a team that would leave Nigeria for Mali.
Gusau’s statement was in response to a report published by TheCable, an online newspaper.