Across Nigeria Construction Main News News

2nd Niger Bridge: FG, investors’ talks collapse, govt bears N250bn cost

The Federal Government says it is currently funding the construction of the over N250bn Second Niger Bridge project, after talks with private partners collapsed and stalled work on the site.

According to the government, construction work on phases one to three of the project had been completed, while early works on phase four was ongoing.

The Special Adviser on Communications to the Minister of Power, Works and Housing, Hakeem Bello, and the Federal Controller of Works, Anambra State, Innocent Alumonah, gave the explanation on Saturday.

They told SUNDAY PUNCH that the era of Public Private Partnership for the construction of the bridge had passed.

Click here to read more…..

About the author

CACOL

Add Comment

Click here to post a comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Subscribe to our Newsletter

Archives

Get an awesome sticky message bar!Download